Monday, June 9, 2008

Family History Moment

Del and I first met when he was called to teach genealogy with me in our student ward at BYU. He came by the apartment to meet me. I recall him wearing a flannel shirt with a big smile. He was very friendly and flirted with a few of my ten roommates, but we were just friends. We would go out and do things together at times as friends till one day Del asked me to go to his missionary reunion and he introduced me as his girlfriend. Eventually, sooner than later, that came true. We met in April and dated through July and got engaged around August of the same year. We were married in December. Del swears I asked him to marry me first but I recall walking to his apartment and he asked me to stop he wanted to write something on my foot. He wrote, "Will you marry me?"
Del and I were married in the bicentennial year of our country on December 3rd, 1976. Our wedding colors were red, white and blue keeping with the momentous occassion. We were married in the Oakland Temple. That was almost 32 years ago. How time flies! You cannot call it back. Our lives have been a marvelous journey filled with happy, exciting, wonderful times and difficult times as well. I am grateful to the Lord for my good, faithful, devoted husband. I am extremely blessed to have a beautiful, eternal family consisting of 4 beautiful daughters and 4 wonderful, responsible son-in-laws, 2 handsome Dahle sons to carry on the family name, and 6 active grand children. We love them all!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got your blog going. Good job. Love you.

Kim Walus said...

I thought I'd stop by and take a peek. I'm pretty sure your Tina's mom.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Mark's wife Kim. My husband is Brian's mother's cousin. Brian's grandmother Amy is a sister to my mother-in-law Carole. Know if that doesn't confuse you. LOL! I love family history and just finished serving at the Family History Library in SLC for 30 months.

Blogs are a lot of fun and I know grandma Carole loves all the pictures of the kids. They live in Antelope near Sacramento.